Many drivers in the US are arrested under suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs every day. The negative consequences of drunk driving have recently increased, largely in response to public outcry and the influence of groups like Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD). If you find yourself arrested for illegal drunk driving, an attorney with experience defending drunk-driving cases can help protect your rights.
Retaining Your Driver’s License after a DUI
Colorado Springs License Suspension Attorney
Is your Colorado driver’s license in jeopardy from a drunk driving arrest? Are you facing long-term license revocation for driving on a suspended license? It is possible to challenge license suspension, with the help of our experienced defense lawyer.
IMPORTANT: After a DUI arrest, you have only 7 days to request a DMV license hearing. Contact David Foley immediately at 719-473-7233.
The Law Firm of David W. Foley in Colorado Springs provides aggressive representation for both the criminal DUI charges and the administrative license suspension. We understand that loss of driving privileges can be just as devastating as the criminal penalties. We fight to keep your license, obtain a “red license” to drive to work, or minimize the period of suspension or revocation.
Potential License Suspension
Your Colorado driver’s license is subject to the following harsh penalties:
- First offense DUI: Suspension 90 days to 1 year
- DWAI: 8 points toward suspension
- Second offense DUI/DWAI: Revocation of one year or more
- Refusal of a breath or blood test: Automatic suspension 1 year (no appeal)
- Under 21: Suspension 3 months for BAC of .02 (1 year if .08)
- CDL commercial license: Suspension 1 year for BAC of .04
- Driving while suspended for DUI: Additional suspension of 1 year or more
- Habitual offender: revocation up to 5 years
Aggressive Representation by a Former Prosecutor
You must request a Division of Motor Vehicles license suspension hearing within 7 days if you submitted to a breath test, or 10 days after receiving results of a blood test. Failure to meet this deadline results in automatic and irreversible suspension. Call us immediately!
We are former prosecutors practicing in criminal defense since 2002, knows many strategies for getting your license suspension case dismissed. My experience from hundreds of DUI cases enables him to challenge the basis for your traffic stop and all evidence obtained from blood alcohol tests or field sobriety tests. Any testimony given in your DMV hearing can be used against you in the criminal case, so it is critical to have solid legal counsel before making statements to the hearing officer.
- Restricted License — If the DMV does suspend your license, we may be able to obtain a limited license that allows travel to your job and for other necessary travel. Mr. Foley can determine whether you qualify.
Our law firm has had notable success in retaining driving privileges for our clients in El Paso County, Teller County and across Colorado. Call 719-473-7233 for a free case evaluation. We can arrange evening appointments and we accept all major credit cards.